Terms and conditions
Any plant bought in winter while not in leaf and supplied either bare-rooted or container-grown is guaranteed to come into leaf. After coming into leaf responsibility for subsequent maintenance is transferred to the customer. A tree that does not come into leaf will be replaced like for like (e.g. bare-root plants will be replaced in the following bare-root season, November - March). Proof of purchase and photographs are required before the end of June, although some tree species naturally begin to produce leaves far later than others (oak for example) so you may be asked to update us later on. The guarantee excludes damage resulting from poor planting, high winds, floods, extremes of temperature (less than -10 oc) and vandalism.
When supplied in leaf see ‘Living Products’ below.
Trees and shrubs planted by Chew Valley Trees are covered by a one-year guarantee, excluding problems caused by incorrect watering, maintenance, pests and diseases occurring after planting, high winds, floods, extreme temperature (less than -10 oC) and vandalism.
Replacements will be of the same specification as originally purchased (e.g. bare-root plants will be replaced in the following bare-root season, November - March). Proof of purchase and photographs will be required.
Our plants are sold with the assurance that they are healthy specimens upon purchase, the responsibility transferring to the customer who shall subsequently plant in conditions suitable for the species chosen and maintain them according to our aftercare guide. Should you have any concerns with the establishment of your purchase please alert us as soon as possible in order that we may help.
All advice and answers to queries provided by our staff is given in good faith and should be used as general guidance only, bearing in mind that staff are purely given information verbally and with no site visit.
The subsequent health of living products is impossible to guarantee “100%” due to the many environmental factors outside of our control once the plant has left the nursery. Factors beyond our control are:
- Provision of correct watering
- Control of weeds, which hamper root growth
- Provision and regular maintenance of sufficient staking and attachments to secure growing roots
- Planting at the correct depth
- Site suitability - such as soil type and drainage (e.g. most plants require a well-drained, fertile soil)
- Pests and diseases originating outside the nursery (please see below)
We do not advise that any tree or shrub should be planted into a pot/container following purchase and therefore do not guarantee them in these circumstances.
Pests & diseases
Pests and diseases occur naturally throughout the environment therefore we cannot be held responsible for pests and diseases that have subsequently arisen after purchase, though we are happy to provide guidance on action that can be taken to prevent and/or treat. Every species has particular pests and diseases to which it is prone, this is quite natural and to be expected with a living organism. We are always on hand to offer help. Emailing us a photo of the plant you have purchased from us showing any problems that might be concerning you is often the best starting point.
Planting & aftercare guides
Planting and aftercare guides are freely available on our website and from our sales office, providing essential information on the successful establishment of your purchase. We are always happy to provide any extra advice and answers to questions by email, phone or in person at the nursery.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The price offered relates to specific stock in the ground there is no guarantee to hold that price once that stock is sold.
In the event of a claim being made against us, our liability shall in all circumstances be limited to the purchase price of the goods in question.
Where refunds are agreed they will normally be made by the same method of payment as your original purchase within 30 days of the transaction date.
Returns procedure for online orders:
We hope that you will be happy with the trees and shrubs that you order. However, should you have a change of mind for any reason under the Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel your order for any item purchased on the web site for a refund. The following conditions apply:
- Orders must be cancelled within 7 days commencing the day of delivery by contacting 01275 333 752 quoting your order number. How the goods are returned and the cost of returning the goods is the customer's responsibility.
- Goods must be returned in a good re-saleable condition having been looked after in a suitable manner (with potted trees this requires them being well watered). Trees and shrubs cannot be returned once planted. Unless damaged, bare-root plants are non-returnable.
- We regret that we are unable to refund the original delivery or postage costs.
- We are unable to issue any refund until the goods have been inspected.
- All goods should be suitably wrapped/packaged to make certain of safe handling and to protect them during transit. Any damage caused in transit will be the responsibility of the customer and may result in us being unable to accept the returned goods.
Returns procedure for plants collected from the nursery:
Please alert us no later than five working days following receipt if you find a problem with your tree, or wish to return an unwanted item. Outside of this timescale it will not be possible to offer a replacement, exchange or refund. Once they have left the nursery we are unable to keep a track on their care, hence the 5 days maximum. Please note that unwanted/over-ordered bare-root plants cannot be returned.
Returns procedure due to damaged goods/our error/customer dissatisfaction:
In the rare instance that you find a problem with your order/purchase please alert us as soon as possible, within 7 days and before planting. We will make steps to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
Registered in England. No. 3821456
Registered Office: Ground Floor, The Old Barn, Lady Farm, Chelwood, Bristol, BS39 4NN