Who we are
Chew Valley Trees are specialist growers and sellers of hardy native and ornamental trees, shrubs, hedging and fruit trees. We are registered in England and Wales (company number 3821456) and our registered address is Glebe House, Harford Square, Chew Magna, Bristol, BS40 8RA
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of the Chew Valley Trees website including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product, sign up to our newsletter.
What data do we collect?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- When you have consented to receiving marketing emails or text messages.
Who do we share your data with?
Chew Valley Trees will never sell or share your data for profit.
There are some partners that we work with to allow us to provide our services and your data will be shared with them. Below are details of who those partners are and why we need to share your data
We require these partners to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
If you have signed up for the Chew Valley Trees newsletter we will keep your data until you ask to unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com or clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of every email.
How do I access my personal data?
You are entitled to view, amend or delete any personal data that we hold about you. To do this or for any queries about your data please contact our Data Protection Officer Simon Scarth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
We may, from time to time, update this policy if the services we offer on our website change, or how and what personal data we collect, store and process changes or if there are any changes to the data protection laws and regulations.